Acrylic (aka plexiglass or lucite) is versatile for all wedding styles, so it’s no wonder it has become a go-to material for various design and decor pieces. After all, this medium lends a modern and sleek look, while offering an unexpected and romantic, textural element. Whether you’re going for a rustic, whimsical, bohemian, garden, formal, or industrial look, these TEN translucent touches can make a big impact regardless of where you tie the knot. They’re so pretty, you CLEARLY need to see them below!
1. SAVE THE DATES or pre-wedding announcements are a great opportunity to get creative and send something completely different. Consider acrylic save the dates if timing doesn’t allow for using an engagement photo or if you simply want to be unique. They’re sure to make a great first impression, like this timeless, laser engraved design showcasing a venue illustration of the Park Chateau Estate and Gardens.
2. Already have your save the dates? Think beyond traditional paper options. Keep the focus on your MAIN INVITATION with a show-stopping lucite design. The response and insert card(s) look best printed on paper for some added texture. As for sending? You can choose standard envelopes or mail the suite in a box for an even prettier presentation. // Photo (below) by Idalia Photography
3. If your family and friends are anything like me, then they will without a doubt love to see their names written pretty on ESCORT CARDS or PLACE CARDS. Yes, this detail is more of a functional item as they either escort guests to their assigned tables or inform them which seat to sit in, but it doesn’t mean they can’t be beautiful. Don’t forget escort cards collectively create your “escort table”, which has so much potential to be insanely creative.
4. TABLETOP DETAILS are small, but mighty! I like to categorize tabletop details for any size signage piece that will be displayed on various tables throughout your reception. Think acrylic table numbers, signature drink signs, hashtag, guestbook, and cards and gift signs (just to name a few).
5. GHOST CHAIRS can easily bring in a touch of sophistication to your tablescape design. Case in point? This incredible reception look below from the EnVue Wedding Editorial with Be Inspired PR. The chairs don’t take away from the centerpieces as the two harmoniously blend together. Photo (below) by Idalia Photography
6. When you tie the knot outside in a locale with an amazing setting, you don’t want to hide the ambiance. Enter… Acrylic CEREMONY BACKDROPS! This is also a great way to introduce your wedding crest and incorporate florals without sacrificing the setting, like this ceremony set up in the Nassau Inn’s courtyard. Do you love or LOVE?! Photo (below) by Jaye Kogut Photography from the black-tie Princeton wedding editorial
7. WELCOME signs will likely be the first design element they see at your wedding. Greet family and friends to your celebration with a personalized sign. Calligraphy on acrylic is the most popular option for welcome signage and can include a simple “welcome to our wedding”, can include a monogram, your names, or even a favorite quote or song lyrics. The sky is the limit for this personalized decor piece.
8. You eat with your eyes first and that phrase doesn’t just symbolize a nicely plated entree. Regardless whether guests choose their main course before or on the day of your wedding, outlining all the specifics is a good idea and will have mouth’s watering long before food is served. Suspend a custom MENU on each table from a copper display featuring modern calligraphy for a budget-friendly detail piece.
9. Not a fan of individual escort cards? Then a statement SEATING CHART is certainly for you. Just be sure to chat with your photographer before the big day and let him/her know that you plan on having a seating chart. They’ll be able to guide you to ensure you’re displaying it in a great spot at your venue to optimize photos. And don’t forget to add on floral or greenery garland to make the display even more dreamy!
10. Turn your WEDDING VOWS into an heirloom keepsake that you can display in your home as a reminder of your love and commitment to one another. These also make wonderful detail shots on the day of the wedding. **Acrylic wedding vows are COMING SOON to the Lace and Belle shop! Join the Lace and Belle newsletter to be the first to learn when they’re available to purchase.**